As the saying goes, “You cannot learn and old dog or cat new tricks.” But if your aged dog or cat is having accidents in the home, it becomes problematic. So how to clean dog poop out of carpet slowly becomes a norm around your home. And the same applies to how to clean cat poop from the carpet as well. So please read on to find out the simplest methods to remove dog and cat feces from the rug right here with us.
How To Clean Dog Poop Out of Carpet?
Great, you found your furry friend made some poop on your expensive white rug! So the last thing you do not want to do is make it worse. So the first and foremost step is to remove the poop fast without leaving a stain. Secondly, it helps to use the right tool.
- Your go-tool should be a pooper scooter as it is quick and easy to use without leaving a mess.
- Another method is to use an old spatula and works effectively as well.
- Lastly, you can use a stiff broom with a dustpan and sweeping it up.
If it is not diarrhea and a more solid poop using these methods works better instead of picking it up using your hand.
Removing The Poo Stains
Great, you removed poo, and now you see an ugly stain left behind. Now, what should I do to remove those unsightly stains? All you need is the following DIY cleaning solution, or you can go the alternate root using a commercial carpet stain remover.
- Take a spray bottle using equal parts white distilled vinegar and lukewarm water. Or use your commercial carpet cleaner.
- Douse the stain with your cleaning product and leave it to stand for five minutes.
- Take some absorbent cloth or towel to blot out the stain. You will notice the grime transferring into the fabric. Wipes also work well, but you will need a couple of them.
- Keep doing this by spraying it with the solution, leaving it for a few minutes, and blot until you notice nothing of the stain left.
Removing the Odor From Your Carpet
You do not want the odor to remain behind as it can become your pooches favorite spot to do it the next time again. The best is not to cover the smell up using air fresheners. The crucial thing is to tackle the problem at the root and freshen your rug up to remove the foul smell.
- Cover the area with moderate odors using baking soda, take a delicate brush to work it into the carpeting gently, and sprinkle more to cover it. Leave it overnight for the powder to absorb the smell. In the morning, get your vacuum cleaner to remove all the baking soda and grime from the area and repeat if needed.
- It helps to use a mixture of baking soda and white vinegar for strong odors as both works well. Start by spraying the vinegar over the area but not too wet. Next, sprinkle over the baking soda as it should start to foam. Next, take a clean towel or cloth and blot the place to get that ingredient into the fibers. Leave for six hours to dry and give it a good vacuuming.
How To Clean Cat Poop From The Carpet?
Everyone adores their feline, right! But they too can have accidents and compare to a dog. The stench is unbearable. So it would be best if you took action fast. Here is how you can remove cat poop according to Fetch by WebMD.
- Get on some latex gloves to remove the feces as it might have parasites that cause toxoplasmosis. The disease is hazardous for pregnant women, and best to have another person do the cleaning.
- Use a pooper scooper or similar methods for removing dog poo from the rug. Or you can use a paper towel and dispose of it using a sealed plastic bag.
- Take some cold water and rinse the area, and use some wipes to blot it dry.
- To remove the stain and odor, we recommend using an enzyme-based pet remover.
If a kitty made a urine spot, you need to blot the stain using wipes or paper towels. It is best not to use any ammonia-based product in the area. The same applies to dog wee as it smells the same and might entice your pet to use the spot regularly.
Use a few drops of dish detergent mixed with water and leave it for up to two hours. Then, take a wet sponge to rinse the place. The next day you can spray the spot with some enzymatic cleaner to eliminate the odor. If your kitty is prone to spraying, we recommend using a pheromone product as it smells like its natural scent.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
For urinating, vinegar sprayed on the area puts them off. But for cleaning cat poop, we recommend using cold water with dishwashing liquid followed by an enzyme-based stain and odor remover.
It can be a result of a medical condition or stress. Or the litter box is dirty. If it started suddenly, have a vet look at your pet and note if anything significant happened from a new pet or even a loss of a companion.
You can use baking soda with vinegar to remove the smell from the rug as it works as a natural neutralizer. For the best way to clean dog poop out of carpet, you can use white distilled vinegar in the cleaning process, followed by baking soda or a combined mixture.